Farfalle with tomato sauce and egg plant
I made this as a starter/primi piatti for 4 people..
(As a lunch I would add some bread and a touch of Grana Padano cheese.)
List of ingredients:
– about 200 grams of farfalle pasta
– 1 liter salted boiling water for the pasta
– about 6 ripe tomatoes
– a splash of good extra virgin olive oil (about 3 table spoons)
– just a little bit of salt
– one ripe egg plant/aubergine, peeled (without the skin)
-2 cloves of garlic
– a few bio (Moroccan) mint leafs
How to prepare the dish
– Add the olive oil to a cooking pot and fruit the garlic at medium heat
– Cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces and slice the egg plant into small cubes, add them to the pot
– Reduce the heat to the minimum allowing to simmer gently for 45 minutes minimum (cook without the lid)
– If the vegetables have become a sauce, it’s ready
– Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook al dente in 11 minutes
– Drain the pasta and add the pasta to the tomato sauce
– Stir it gently and add a little bit of salt
– Serve on pretty plates and add a touch of mint .. just a few fresh mint leafs will do..
Tip: Very nice in combination with a woody red Chianti wine.